Saturday, April 10, 2010

Adapters, Dishes, & Planters (not the nuts) OH MY!

Wowzers! Let's talk about my kitchen counter for just a sec here. It's my personal kryptonite. If you want to kill me slowly just add to the pile of junk on my counter. For the moment we're going to focus on the 1 billion cords and various adapters that reside on my counter. Phone chargers, laptop adapters, palm pilot chargers, USB cords.... seriously. They were everywhere! I wish I had taken a before picture, but I was so excited when I found a cure for my cord problem that I immediately cleaned them up! I remembered that I had an extra basket in my cabinet of baby whatnot. Let's face it, most everything looks less offensive if it's in a basket!

Dishes, dishes, dishes... I loathe doing dishes. I don't have a dishwasher. So the dishes tend to pile up. I also had a bunch of sponges, soap, and various cleaning supplies just hanging out on the counter next to the sink. It was less than sightly as you can see.













Under my kitchen sink I happen to have a couple of planters... amongst other things. I thought it might work as a sink junk holding aparatus! I think it worked!

I put all of my sponges, bottle brushes, and cleaning gloves into the planter and it looks kinda pretty in the corner! Oooohh, while we're talking about what we put in the planter... I used a Mr. Clean Magic Eraser. I used to use the old school magic eraser that didn't have the orange sponge side. The orange side smells FANTASTIC! Seriously, if Mr. Clean came out with a perfume I would buy it!!! If you haven't bought the Magic Eraser, do it! I cleaned my kitchen counters, the drawers, the doors and even the stove... it was a mini cleaning frenzy!








2 comments:

  1. I love your blog! I love your ideas too. One tip about the magic eraser, watch what you scrub with it. My kids used markers on my table and nothing would take the dye off so I used the magic eraser. I forgot that you aren't suppose to use it on wood finishes. It took the shine off my table where I scrubbed.
    One thing that's my biggest pet peeve is shoes at my front door. I bought one of those plastic 3 drawer things at Target and put the kids shoes in their own drawers. They have access to them to get them and put them away and they aren't all over the place. They make a mini 3 drawer thing that I put on my fridge to keep their markers, crayons and pencils and coloring books up and out of their reach. I'm working on reorganizing my house too so I'll let you know if I come up with any other ideas. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amy, I did the same thing with the magic eraser! I scrubbed oatmeal off of the table with the magic eraser and now I have dull spots on the table. Oopsie. Yeah, I definitely didn't read the box.

    ReplyDelete